Work to make life better for carers in Blackpool has gained national recognition after being shortlisted for a prestigious award.
The Carers Trust Fylde Coast works closely with NHS Blackpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and Blackpool Council to provide services which support carers in the town. This has been recognised with a nomination in the ‘CCG Commissioning for Carers’ category for the revered 2015 Health Service Journal (HSJ) Awards.
Some of the highlights from this partnership working, recognised by the HSJ, include:
- Employing young carers at the Carers Trust Fylde Coast as well as providing them with the necessary training and support.
- Involving carers in the development of future services.
- Providing a carers’ breaks service for those caring for someone with a mental health condition.
- Supporting carers of people with dementia, including grants for items in the home.
- Provision of volunteering opportunities for carers.
- Supporting young people living in families affected by substance misuse.
- Providing work experience for young adults with learning disabilities.
Dr Amanda Doyle, Chief Clinical Officer at NHS Blackpool CCG, said: “We have led and backed a number of initiatives which aim to support the vital role of carers in Blackpool so we’re delighted that this has been recognised. Working together with the Carers Trust Fylde Coast and Blackpool Council we are committed to supporting the key role that carers have in our community.”
Michelle Smith, Chief Officer at Carers Trust Fylde Coast, added: “We work tirelessly to identify carers, involve them and provide them with the support that they need, so we’re extremely pleased that this has been recognised. Working in partnership with the CCG and the council has been particularly important and allowed us to develop initiatives which really enhance the lives of carers in Blackpool.”
The award winners will be announced at a ceremony on Wednesday 18 November at Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
Notes to editors:
For more information about Carers Trust Fylde Coast please visit: www.carerstrustfyldecoast.org.
For further information about this press release please call the communications team at NHS Blackpool CCG on 01253 956594.