Lead ambulance commissioners for the North West, NHS Blackpool Clinical Commissioning Group (BCCG), has announced today that the North West Ambulance Service (NWAS) has been successful with its tendered bid to provide Non-Emergency Patient Transport Services (NEPTS) in the Lancashire area. This is the result of a rigorous competitive tendering process and evaluation of potential providers.
NWAS will now work with BCCG and Lancashire commissioners as part of a mobilisation process to ensure they are ready for the new contract start in July 2016.
The new contract incorporates a number of quality improvements following engagement with hospitals, patients and commissioners. These include:
- Text ahead service, to inform patients when their transport will arrive
- Streamlined quality standards, particularly around the journey arrival and collection times
- Revised process for applying the eligibility criteria to ensure equitable access to the service
The procurement has been conducted as a ‘Part A’ process in accordance with the Public Contract Regulations 2006. It has been evaluated in a fair and transparent manner based on the most economically advantageous offer, not simply the lowest price. The most economically advantageous bids were judged to offer the optimum combination of service capability, quality (including service delivery, work force, risk and project implementation) and the bid price.
Notes to editors:
The contracts are for five years and cover 5 areas across the North West divided into lots:
- Lot 1 – Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service for NHS Cumbria
- Lot 2 – Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service for NHS Lancashire
- Lot 3 – Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service for NHS Cheshire, Warrington & Wirral
- Lot 4 – Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service for NHS Merseyside
- Lot 5 – Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service for NHS Greater Manchester
The contract for Lot 2 Lancashire has been awarded to NWAS along with Lots 1, 4 and 5. Lot 3 has been awarded to the West Midlands Ambulance Service (WMAS).
The contract value for Lancashire for the five years is £59.9m.
NHS Blackpool CCG is the lead commissioner for ambulance services on behalf of all the CCGs in the North West.
For further information about this press release please contact Hadrian Collier on 07803772815 or email email@example.com.