Blackpool CCG believe in the principles of good medical practice and stand by these in the decisions we make as clinical commissioners. We strive to:
- Make the care of our patients our first concern.
- Protect and promote the health of patients and the public.
- Provide a good standard of practice and care.
- Treat patients as individuals and respect their dignity.
- Work in partnership with patients.
- Be honest and open and act with integrity.
Blackpool CCG will tackle the challenge that our population brings by focusing on the aspects that really matter:
Preventing People from Dying Prematurely;
- Reduce CVD mortality.
- Improve cancer mortality.
- Reduce Alcohol Dependence.
Reduce Health Inequalities;
- Increase smoking quitters.
- Reduce Harm Caused by Alcohol Consumption.
- Substance Misuse.
- Sexual Health.
- Reduce Obesity.
Commission for Better Outcomes;
- Quality of Life for patients with Long Term Conditions.
- Mental Health.
- Reduce Demand for Unplanned Care.
Our vision is to:
- Improve the health outcomes of the population and reduce health inequalities.
- Work to ensure that commissioned services are responsive to patient needs, and that patients and the public are involved and integral to the work of the CCG.
- Continuously improve quality and outcomes of services and strive for excellence.
- Commission services for the Blackpool population within the financial allocation of the CCG.