Entries open for The Gazette Health Heroes Awards
The Blackpool Gazette Health Heroes Awards are now open and it would be great to see as many Trust staff or partners nominated as possible.
The categories are:
- DOCTOR OF THE YEAR: This award commends doctors – GPs and those working in hospitals – for the difference they make to their patients’ lives, providing an outstanding level of care above and beyond the call of duty
- MIDWIFE/MIDWIFERY TEAM OF THE YEAR: For the midwife or midwifery team who work for the hospital trust, in the community or in the private sector, who look after mums-to-be and their babies to their best of their ability.
- THERAPIST OF THE YEAR: This award is for the physiotherapist, occupational therapist, therapeutic radiographer or osteopath who provides nothing but the highest quality care for patients, exceeding expectations.
- UNSUNG HERO: This award celebrates a person who has consistently gone that extra mile to make a real difference – whether they are a member of the general public, hospital porter, receptionist, cleaner – someone behind the scenes who gives their all.
- PHARMACY OF THE YEAR AWARD: This award recognises excellence and innovation in pharmacy and those teams setting the highest standards which ultimately improve and enhance patient care.
- NURSE OF THE YEAR AWARD: For the nurse, who works for the hospital trust, in the community, in a GP surgery, in the NHS or in the private sector, who rises above expectations in their care for patients.
- MENTAL HEALTH WORKER OF THE YEAR: This award will pay tribute to the incredible people who work in the field of mental health, helping people face the most difficult time of their lives.
- CARER/CARING TEAM OF THE YEAR AWARD: For any individual or team who care and gives their time and their all – either voluntary or in the paid-for sector – for the benefit of others.
- ELDERLY WELFARE AWARD: For the person , whether they are an unpaid volunteer or a worker, whether they work in a nursing home or in social services, who devotes their time and energy to the welfare and care of the elderly.
How to nominate
Anyone can nominate with the details below.
Include your own name and contact details, as well as the name and contact details of the person you are nominating, and a short explanation (maximum 250 words) why they deserve an award. Shortlisted nominees will be invited to the glittering awards presentation dinner at The Imperial Hotel on September 20th.
The deadline for nominations is Monday August 27th.
- By Post: Post your nomination to Health Heroes Awards, The Gazette, Avroe House, Avroe Crescent, Blackpool Business Park, Blackpool FY4 2DP
- By Email: Send your nomination by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: Complete the online entry form by clicking here.