You will have recently received a letter informing you that Ashfield Medical Centre will close at the end of March 2016.
As outlined, this is because one GP has retired and another will leave the practice at the end of March. The GP partners who run Ashfield Medical Centre have not been able to recruit replacements.
As a result, you will need to register with a new GP practice before Friday 18th March. This is to allow enough time for your medical records to be transferred to your new GP.
You can register with a new GP practice of your choice. All GP practices in Blackpool are taking new patients. The following are likely to be most convenient for you:
- Glenroyd Medical Centre – located on the first floor of Moor Park Health and Leisure Centre (same building as Ashfield Medical Centre)
- North Shore Surgery – located on the first floor of Moor Park Health and Leisure Centre (same building as Ashfield Medical Centre)
- St Pauls Medical Centre – located at the back of the Hilton Hotel on the promenade
- Cleveleys Group Practice – located in Cleveleys Health Centre
- The Crescent Surgery – located in Cleveleys Health Centre
- Gorton St Surgery – located in the Sure Start building on Gorton Street
- Adelaide Street Surgery – located on Adelaide Street
- Elizabeth Street Surgery – located on Elizabeth Street
- Layton Medical Centre – located on Kingscote Drive off St Walburgas Rd
Details about each of the above and all other practices in Blackpool can be found here.
How do I register with another practice?
Registering with a new GP practice is easy. Decide which practice you would like to join; once you have chosen, simply visit the practice and ask to register there. You will then be given a registration form to complete with your details.
I have registered with a new practice, what now?
If you receive regular prescriptions and these are ordered by a pharmacy you will need to let them know which practice you have registered with.
If you attend an appointment at the hospital or visit for another reason such as an emergency, please make sure that the staff there are aware of your new GP practice.
If you are visited by the District Nurse or any other health professional then you will also need to make sure that they are aware of your new practice too.
I’d like some help to register with a new practice, who should I contact?
If you would like to talk to somebody about registering with a new practice you can contact Ashfield Medical Centre on 01253 956030.
I want to ask a question or make a comment about the closure of Ashfield Medical Centre, who should I contact?
Please contact the CCG by one of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01253 951200
- Post: Blackpool CCG, Blackpool Stadium, Seasiders Way, Blackpool, FY1 6JX.